Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So...About the Embrace Hostility Thing...

In my "retirement" post over at EHHC (lingo for the cool kids), I said I would do the occasional post but that I would be focusing my attentions on this blog. Then, Columbia Talk chimed in with a minor victory speech (taken in jest). After that, I was roasted for becoming comformist. I took that in jest, too, but rang a bit true when I looked at the difference in material between the two.

And then, I got a curtain call to come back from I'm not dead yet.

I'm not going to pull a Hillary Clinton and say that I've found my voice. Still, I have realized that I can talk politics here with the same kind of disdain for lunacy that Embrace Hostility has, coupled with this geeky love that I have for local politics.

The end result is that I think I'm going to do a mix. I'll still make well-thought out political arguments, but not in such a dry way. And I'm still going to be a snark. Besides, our politics in Columbia don't seem to be too civil anyway.

Consider this the construction of the Six Million Dollar Man. We can rebuild him... (much like Columbia's downtown).

No comments:

Post a Comment